Updates to Concur’s Receipts and Auth API
Concur is preparing to release the next generation of our platform, and as a valued member of our partner ecosystem, we encourage you to be among the first to access some exciting new enhancements and increased security features:
- New Authentication service
- New Receipts API
If your company currently utilizes our Receipts API to deliver digital receipts directly to our joint users’ available expenses within Concur Expense. A new and improved API and new authentication service is available now in a developer sandbox and will be generally available October 2016. These new enhancements will deliver the following benefits to Concur partners, clients and users:
- Simplified authentication method that makes it much easier for end users to connect accounts even if they don’t know their Concur login credentials.
- Increased choice and flexibility in how you request access to Concur client data.
- Automated and secure access to Concur client data at a granular level (user, app, company) without manual setup by Concur (this means we will no longer require WS-Admin setup).
- Simplified interactive logins allowing you to grant access with one-time link, one-time password.
- Global availability to all Concur end users regardless of the data center hosting their employer’s instance of Concur. This is particularly important if you target users outside the United States or in the public sector.
- Enriched schema to allow your application to post more complete receipt data.
- Better support for detailed tax content including VAT and other country-specific tax requirements, making these receipts more useful for tax compliance and reclaim.
- Significantly improved automated receipt rendering that allows you to define receipt images to appear similar to your receipts including branding, logos and line item details.
After the new API is generally available, Concur will be deprecating our current Receipts API consistent with our API Lifecycle and Deprecation Policy and will be deprecating the current user authentication method.
To learn more about leveraging the new API and new authentication services, along with our API lifecycle and deprecation, watch our recorded webinar here.