The web services return a HTTP 2xx response code when the request was successful.
HTTP Success Codes:
|200||OK||The request was received successfully.|
The web service should return a response within 60 seconds. If the request times out without a response, the application should wait for 5 minutes then retry the request.
The web service returns a 4xx or 5xx HTTP response code when there are any errors and will include the following elements:
|StatusCode||The HTTP error code.|
|Content||A parent element that contains an Error child element.|
|Message||The error message.|
|Server-Time||The time the error was generated, based on the SAP Concur server’s time zone.|
|Id||The ID of the error within Concur.|
Refer to the individual function documentation for function-specific error formats.
The full list of possible HTTP error codes can be found here. The table below provides additional details for commonly encountered error codes.
|400||Bad Request||This response is returned if any of these conditions is true:
* The specified URI is invalid.
* The request is not formatted correctly.
* The request is missing a required field.
* The number of requests received exceed the request limit.
* The request encountered a database deadlock. In this case, the developer should resend the request a short time later.
* This error can be received if Chunked Transfer-Encoding is enabled by the developer’s web server. Concur does not support Chunked Transfer-Encoding.
Attendee Web Service:
* The batch type parameter is not included on the URI of batch operations.
* The request contains 0 attendees.
* The request contains over 1000 attendees.
Imaging Web Service:
* The barcode or reportId is missing.
Purchase Order Web Service:
* The request contains 0 purchase orders.
* The request contains over 1000 purchase orders.
List Item Web Service:
* The request contains 0 list items.
* The request contains over 1000 list items.
Payment Batch File:
* The Batch ID specified in the URI is invalid.
* The request contains 0 itineraries.
User Web Service:
* The request contains 0 users.
* The request contains over 1000 users.
|401||Unauthorized||The Authorization header is not included in the request.|
|403||Forbidden||This response is returned if any of these conditions is true:
* The Authorization header is included but it fails validation. This can happen if the OAuth consumer does not have access to the Concur product required by the web service.
* The partner application associated with the oauth_consumer_key has not been allowed access to the requested company.
* The Oauth token has expired or been revoked.
|404||Not Found||Extract Web Service: The Definition ID or Job ID specified in the URI is invalid.
Imaging Web Service: No image was found for the specified report Id or barcode.
Itinerary Web Service: The Trip ID or Booking ID specified in the URI is invalid.
Payment Batch Web Service: The Batch ID specified in the URI is invalid.
|409||Conflict||Extract Web Service: A job for the specified definition is already queued or running.|
|429||Too Many Requests||This response is returned when services are overloaded either with too many requests from a single source or too many requests in aggregate. When this happens slow the rate of requests.|
|500||Internal Server Error/Not Closed||Expense Report Web Service: This response is returned when the system is unable to calculate an exchange rate for a posted expense report entry.
Payment Batch Web Service: The specified batch could not be closed.
|503||Service Unavailable||This response is returned when the web service is down for maintenance. The partner application should sleep for 5 minutes then retry the request. If the request continues to fail after a few retries, the developer should contact email@example.com.|